- Action Editor
- Customize an Out-of-the-Box Service Using Action Editor
- Create a Custom Service Using Action Editor
- Edit a Custom Service in Action Editor
- Delete a Custom Service in Action Editor
- Edit a Custom Service Configuration Document
- Create a Custom Action Using Action Editor
- 1. Add Basic Information about the Action
- 2. (Optional) Configure Action Inputs
- 3. Configure Action Outputs
- 4. Customize the Workbench Output
- 5. Edit the Action Module
- 6. Edit the Service Configuration Documents
- 7. Download and Upload Your Service to Incident Responder
- Edit a Custom Action in Action Editor
- Delete a Custom Action in Action Editor
Create a Custom Service Using Action Editor
To quickly get started with a service Incident Responder doesn't currently support or to build a unique service specific to your needs, create your own service from scratch.
Click + Add a Service.
Enter basic information about the service:
Service name – Enter a name that helps you quickly and easily identify the service; for example, Microsoft Outlook. It appears when you configure an action node in a playbook and select a service.
Product name – Enter the product name; for example, Office 365. It appears in the service settings.
Description – Describe the service, what it does, and what it's used for.
A connection parameter field defines information you enter to connect to the service; for example, username, password, domain, or TCP port. These fields appear when you add a service in Incident Responder service settings. To create a connection parameter field, click + Add a field, then enter information about the field:
Name – Enter a name for the field.
Display name – Enter the name for the field that is displayed in Incident Responder.
Description – Describe the field.
Data type – Select URL, string, password, long, boolean, large text, or picklist.
If you select picklist, add the possible list values you select from: click the pencil , click +Add picklist option, type the name of the list value, then press the enter or return key.
If the field is required, select the Required checkbox.